Classic CM transducers for fixed shaft rollers
The Cleveland Kidder range of CM transducers for fixed shaft idler rollers provides a simple, accurate and cost-effective means of
measuring the web tension in any continuous production or converting process
When fitted in pairs onto a suitable idler roller with fixed angle of web wrap, they provide a high level signal directly proportional to the
total web tension regardless of web width, position on the roller, or web speed.
A self-aligning bearing accommodates angular misalignment caused by shaft deflection and longitudinal shaft movement caused by expansion.
Proven over 30 years of industrial use worldwide, CMC transducers are used to measure the tension in any material, any process,
any machine; in fact virtually any application where accurate web tension is required to achieve maximum productivity.
Suitable for any design of fixed shaft roller up to 30mm diameter, smaller diameters can be accommodated with reducing bushes.
* Four popular body styles for quick and easy installation
* Integral overload protection to withstand tension transients
* Several force ratings to achieve wide working tension ranges from 10N to 1Tonne
* Internal temperature compensation for wide ambient temperature range
Size 1 Classic CM transducer technical drawings in .pdf format:
Classic Bearing Replacement BRCM-1T transducer
Classic Flange Mounted FLCM-1T transducer
Classic Pillow Block PBCM-1T transducer
Classic SCM-1T transducer
Size 1 Classic CM transducer technical drawings in .dxf format:
(Right click and 'save as' to download to your computer)
Classic CM transducers for rotating shaft rollers
Rotating shaft tension transducers have the same advantages as the fixed shaft design with the added feature of an internal
self aligning spherical roller bearing, allowing easy installation onto any rotating shaft idler roller with a fixed angle of wrap.
This bearing has been selected for maximum life, can be externally lubricated for easy maintenance as well as allowing high rotational speeds.
Fitted in the same manner as the fixed shaft series, they have common dimensions, body styles, overload protection and other features.
The two types complement each other as part of the complete package of tension measurement devices from CMC, which also includes a range of compatible indicators,
controllers and ancillary items.
Features common to both fixed and rotating shaft CM transducers
* High level output signal enabling long connecting cables
* Rugged steel construction requiring no external maintenance
* Negligible displacement maintaining roller alignment
* Angular and longitudinal misalignment capability ensuring freedom from measurement errors caused by roller deflection and expansion
For further information on specification, installation and mounting data, consult the Classic CM transducer datasheet